With bicycle through Istria
Istria is perfect for riding bicycles almost all year round
Bike trails, roads and paths – they are a true challenge for biking fans. The small family Hotel Kaštel has fulfilled all necessary preconditions and was placed in the county project of boutique bike hotels. The program has approximately 50% of the off road bike trails included in it. The most famous bike route is definitely “Parenzana”, the shorter TPC (Trieste-Parenzo-Canfanaro) which was once a narrow train track 123,1 kilometres long which connected 33 Istrian towns from Trieste to Poreč, so that today it would be going through the territory of three countries: Italy – 13 kilometres, Slovenia – 32 kilometres and Croatia – 78 kilometres. Parenzana is, thanks to European funds and projects, renewed and transformed into a pedestrian-bike route which takes fans of nature through the most beautiful and hidden parts of Istria
By bicycle through Istria (5 night stays)
About 50% of the trails in this program are off-road. Mountain bikes are included in the rental; street bikes rented separately.
1st day :MOTOVUN
- Arrival in Motovun
- Arrival and accommodation in the hotel
- Welcome drink
- Half board dinner
- Night stay
2nd day: IN THE HEART OF ISTRIA MOTOVUN – PAZIN – ZAREČKI KROV (cca. 45 km)
- Introduction to the guide, and a presentation of all of the tours
- Departure for the trail along the ''Parenzana'', a narrow gauge rail line that linked Trieste via intermediate several stations to Poreč, its final destination. It operated between 1902 and 1935 and passed through three countries: Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia. Today, the rail corridor has been preserved, as have the associated railway facilities, bridges, viaducts and tunnels.
- It continues on via the Istrian razvod (bocage) toward Beram, in which the small Church of St. Mary na Škriljinah is located with its well-known frescoes from the 15th century.
- Break for an outdoor box lunch.
- Continuation to the old section of Pazin, following a small stream, the Pazinčica. Its waters were used in the past by the many mills whose remains can still be seen today.
- Swimming is possible in the summer months.
- Transfer to the hotel in the afternoon.
- Relaxation in the hotel swimming pool and wellness sauna oasis (Finnish sauna, steam rooms, treatments, shower sensations; the relaxation oasis with chromotherapy and a starry sky; thermal salt peeling; the relaxation garden with fruits and herbal teas.
- Dinner in the hotel.
3rd day: ALONG THE SEA: TAR – POREČ – KLOŠTAR (cca. 40 km)
- Transfer to Tar, a small fishing village on the west coast of Istria.
- The trail along the shoreline, next to olive groves and vineyards, leads to Poreč, where
- a tour of the city and its well-known basilica will be organized.
- Continuation to the Lim Channel, through a protected nature reserve.
- At the end: lunch with a fish menu in Kloštar.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Fun at the hotel swimming pool and wellness sauna oasis.
- Dinner at a nearby restaurant featuring Istrian specialties
4th day: BY THE FURROW OF VELI JOŽE: MOTOVUN – PARENZANA – GROŽNJAN (280 m) – KORNARIJA (150 m – cca. 45 km)
- Departure by bicycle toward the "Parenzana" and the valley of the Mirna River to Grožnjan, a picturesque medieval town in which every house is both a home and the gallery of many well-known artists. The trail continues toward Završje, claimed by many people to be the most beautiful village in Istria. In addition to enjoying the beautiful scenery of the undiscovered interior, you will go through Kornarija Forest, where a there will be a barbecue picnic.
- Transfer to the hotel
- Relax bath with lavender ans majoran
- Aroma Spa relax massage (30 min.)
- Unlimited use of hotel swimming pool
5th day: THROUGH VINEYARDS AND OLIVE GROVES: KORNARIJA (280 m) – OPRTALJ (350 m) – LIVADE – MOTOVUN (cca. 40 km
- Breakfast Transfer to Kornarija.
- In an area known for its olive groves and olive oil, the trail leads through preserved olive groves and vineyards, with a panoramic view along the entire route, to medieval Oprtalj, which has an unforgettable view of the Mirna River valley.
- Sampling of wines, ‘’rakija’’, and Istrian products in Oprtalj.
- Continuation to the Motovun forest, the largest natural habitat of truffles in the world. In Livada – a visit to a market specializing in truffles and truffle products, and with a degustation of truffle products.
- Return to Motovun by bicycle or transfer if desired.
- Tono di Vino Motovuns – body winetherapy, 75 min; an energizing, stimulating, drainage and tonifying treatment for atonic and loose skin.
- Farewell dinner based on truffles with music (accordion player in national costume of Istria).
- Night stay.
- Check – out
- Souvenir gift
- (possibility of transfer to departure point)
Price per person: 5.108,00 kn cca. 699,00 €ur
Price per person includes
- guide and service vehicle every day
- rental of bicycle
- transfer to starting point if needed
- barbecue picnic in Kornarija
- Sampling of truffle products in a specialized store in LIvade
- 1 x fish lunch in Kloštar
- sampling of wines, domestic rakija and Istrian specialties in Oprtalj
- outdoor box lunch
- 3 night stays with breakfast based on halfboard with typical istrian dinner
- 2 night stays with breakfast
- farewell dinner and music in the hotel (dinner with truffles)
- dinner in nearby restaurant in Motovun
- tour of Poreč with expert guide;
- guarded, enclosed parking for bicycles
- daily unlimited use of hotel swimming pool (towel, robe, and sandals included)
- 2 x use of Wellness Sauna oasis (Finnish sauna, steam bath, kneipp, shower experience, relax oasis with chromotherapy and starry sky, thermal salt and body polish, relax graden, refreshment – fruit and herbal teas)
- 1 x Relax bath with mediteranean herbs (lavender and majoran)
- 1 x Reflexive therapy - feet
- 1 x aroma Spa relax massage
- 1 x Tonno di vino Motovun's - body winetherapy
- Souvenir gift
For all further information you can contact us over telephone or email or visit the official site: www.istria-bike.com